Position Overview Do you wake up dreading your next shift, or do you wake up with a sense of purpose? Are you hoping you can just coast through the day, or do you look forward to the chance to save lives? And let’s just put this out there: Does the adrenalin rush of an emergency put you in the zone? If you have what it takes to be a veterinarian that is at your best when the stuff hits the fan, then we want to talk with you.
Location Our practice is located in Irvine, CA. Ranked the safest big city in the USA for 13 years and running, Irvine also boasts some of the best quality of life in sunny SoCal. This is an animal friendly community with people that will do anything for their pets.
Practice Overview We are a small, family owned veterinary hospital with 4 full-time veterinarians. With unique services such as exams from Fear Free Certified doctors and trained staff, one-hour long appointments, and emergency services with overnight care, we go above and beyond for our clients and their pets. We are growing quickly towards our vision of building the most sought-after general practice in the area, and we need you to help us get there. You see, we don’t have a big flashy hospital yet, though it’s in the works. What we do have is a culture based on the core values of family, compassion, excellence, integrity, and a genuine desire to be of service to others. Are you up for the challenge?
Primary Responsibilities(mentoring willingly offered as needed): 1. See general appointments and emergencies 2. Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of cases including exotics and emergencies 3. Perform routine, elective, and emergency surgeries 4. Effectively lead support staff so that client and patient care is the best in the industry
5. Update clients regarding inpatient care and labwork in a timely manner
If you join our team, you must: 1. Possess a DVM or equivalent degree 2. Be licensed to practice in California 3. Be willing to rotate swing shifts and weekends 4. Be willing to see exotics and emergencies 5. Be eager to constantly learn new things 6. Be humble 7. Take full responsibility for your actions 8. Challenge yourself to be a better person, every day 9. Practice medicine with integrity 10. Act as a positive role model to the support staff around you
With us, you will not:
1. Act entitled 2. Be lazy 3. Blame others
4. Bully others 5. Gossip 6. Complain about clients 7. Complain about exotics and emergencies 8. Improperly handle any animal for the sake of “getting the job done”
Some of our awesome benefits include:
1. One-hour long appointments with an assistant in the room
2. Passionate support staff that is eager to learn
3. Mentoring in clinical, surgical and communication skills as needed
4. Individualized treatment plans rather than cookie-cutter medicine
5. Generous salary PLUS tiered commission 6. Fear Free Certification
7. $2000 CE allowance and paid vacation
8. 401K and financial planning
If you are still reading this, then this may be the job that you’ve always dreamed of but never found. We look forward to bringing in our new associate by Spring 2019, but we will spend the time to make sure we find someone that is a long-term fit. First things first, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to speak with you!
1. Possess a DVM or equivalent degree 2. Be licensed to practice in California 3. Be willing to rotate swing shifts and weekends 4. Be willing to see exotics and emergencies
Additional Salary Information: Base salary PLUS Tiered Commission
About VPA Client - Irvine Valley Veterinary Hospital
Vet Practice Accelerator (VPA) is founded on the principle of serving those who serve. Our mission is to be the bridge that connects private veterinary practices to business and technology. We work with private veterinary practice owners across the US, and in doing so, we support their growth efforts by also helping place Associate Veterinarians and Veterinarians in their practices.