We are looking for a student ambassador to represent VetCor at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. VetCor has a long-standing reputation of maintaining the medical autonomy and independence of our practices. We proudly offer students numerous opportunities in over 300 locations and 29 states that will appeal to a variety of interests. The purpose of the student representative is to act as a liaison between our VetCor hiring specialist and the student community. The representative aims to promote VetCor and at the same time, communicate to our Hiring Specialists the students’ interests and perceptions.
1. Act as a liaison between VetCor and students, clubs, professors and university personnel
3. Promote student knowledge of, and participation in, our externship and paid summer jobs program.
4. Ensure the timely circulation of job postings and events to students through the appropriate channels.
5. Become a resource to students about opportunities within VetCor and make information about our activities readily available to students.
6. Report on a monthly basis to your Hiring Specialist
Who can apply?
1. Students currently enrolled in their 1st and 2nd year and who are actively engaged in the student community and with the student clubs and who are willing to commit to 2 years of representation.
2. Preference will be given to students who have been previously employed at a VetCor practice
What do you get:
1. The student representative will be remunerated accordingly ($500/semester).
2. Making connections on-the-job and gaining veterinary experience, including practice management.
3. Having access to externships and summer jobs during semester breaks. Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this opportunity to Raquel Kruse at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title.
To learn more about our VetCor and our practices, please visit our website at www.vetcor.com
VetCor's growing network now includes 250 diverse practices in 26 U.S. states. We have built an extraordinary reputation since 1997 by protecting the individual style of each practice, helping our practices grow, and fostering work-life balance for our employees. Medical Freedom, Local Feel.