Veterinarian Needed for Nature’s Preserve Pet Care (Signing Bonus)
Dr. Marty Greer, of Nature’s Preserve Pet Care located in vibrant and scenic Dane County, Wisconsin is seeking a full-time or part-time energetic veterinarian to join her progressive and growing small animal & breeding services practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented with strong client education skills, and be a dedicated, enthusiastic team player.
* Future partnership opportunities may become available for the right candidates as Nature’s Preserve Pet Care continues to expand.
We have been serving our communities since 1982 through our 1st location and pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service. Our team has a strong partnership with clients built on clear, consistent communication and education. Nature’s Preserve Pet Care has a loyal following among our extended pet families as shown in our client's generous reviews & testimonials. We are a well-established, family owned practice with a diverse caseload. We practice quality medicine in a warm, friendly and inviting facility.
As an associate veterinarian at Nature’s Preserve Pet Care, you will appreciate our in-house pharmacy, Abaxis in-house laboratory, digital full-body radiology, surgical monitoring equipment including BP, pulse Ox, CO2 and ECG, ultrasound, therapy laser, as well as a highly trained technical and friendly support staff. We proudly utilize eVetPractice as our practice management software in a highly collaborative work environment.
We work with specialists in multiple fields through referrals, as well as through visiting specialists. Our close proximity to large 24 hour referral and emergency centers allows us to offer our staff the family friendly benefits of no overnight emergencies. The University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine is also approximately 30 minutes away.
We focus on a high standard of client education and medicine while working with the client to develop a manageable patient care plan. Our hospital stresses an integrated approach to preventive care, dentistry, exceptional medical workups & treatments, surgery, as well as behavior and nutrition counseling.
Our staff to doctor ratio is approximately 3:1. Our normal work schedules are flexible and feature no overnight on call duty. Our technical staff includes highly trained Certified Veterinary Technician and assistants.
You will find us in the vibrant and thriving community of Sun Prairie, in the Greater Madison Area with easy access to sparkling lakes, stunning landscapes, an extensive network of parks, bike trails, and farmers markets for endless hours of outdoor fun. Sun Prairie has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Live in America” for 2020 by Money Magazine.
Sun Prairie offers all the benefits of a large city while maintaining the feel and character of a small town. Our local schools are also very highly regarded. We are located approximately 15 miles Northwest of Madison and enjoy easy access to nearby Dane County Regional Airport .
The Greater Madison area is home to major colleges and universities including the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison College and Edgewood College. In a Forbes magazine city ranking from 2003, The Madison area had the highest number of Ph.D.s per capita, and third-highest college graduates per capita, among cities in the United States.
We are looking for just the right individual with 2+ years of experience in general medicine and surgery to join our dynamic and compassionate team, and will consider recent graduates with exceptional medicine and communication skills. The right candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented, have strong client education skills, and be a team player. The position requires a minimum of 26 hours per week, but full-time is preferred in order to keep up with our growing clientele.
* Motivated new and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply. You’ll be part of an amazing team that is passionate about our patients, our practice, and our supportive work environment. Internship training is encouraged, but not required. Surgical proficiency with spays, neuters, mass removals and dentistry is highly valued.
You need to be a person of good character, customer service oriented, hard working, detail oriented, thorough, timely, a good communicator, friendly, teachable, and obviously a pet lover!
Our benefits package includes: Competitive Salary with Bonus, Health Insurance, Personal Pet Discounts, Generous PTO & Sick Time Offerings, Continuing Education (CE) Allowance, Veterinarian Membership Dues and Licensing Fees, and a fantastic staff to work with.
* To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and detailed resume in a PDF format to the attention of Dr. Marthina Greer at email@example.com.
Dr. Marty Greer Nature’s Preserve Pet Care 791 Lois Dr, Sun Prairie, WI 53590 Telephone: 608-837-6252
* All applications will be treated as confidential.
* We will only be able to personally respond to qualified candidates.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing and eligibility to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Wisconsin.
* Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a professional background check and drug test.
Additional Salary Information:
Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Internal Number: NPPC-DVM
About Nature’s Preserve Pet Care c/o Burzenski & Company, P.C.
For more than 35 years, Burzenski & Company has been skillfully providing financial management and tax planning services for veterinary practices and their owners. Our customized and personal approach to guiding veterinary practices in all facets of business has earned us a national reputation as leaders in the industry.
The veterinary practice management team, led by Gary I. Glassman, CPA, has a unique understanding of practice business strategies, tax and accounting services, operational management, financial forecasting and personalized management services for veterinary practices.
Whether your veterinary practice specializes in companion animals, emergency/specialty medicine, equine, bovine, swine, dairy or is a mixed animal practice, our experienced team of professionals understands the needs of veterinary practitioners and can provide the appropriate insight to maximize your financial position and operate more efficiently.
An overview of our veterinary services. https://youtu.be/UbU3p0b8LIM