It takes a special person to truly nurture and care for animals in need and there is no better place to put your love of animals to work than at Columbus Humane. Our mission is to fight animal cruelty, help animals in need, and advocate for their well being. Our beautiful state of the art shelter offers a clean, friendly, hands on experience for all staff. We serve over 8,000 animals per year and over 26 different species , our approach to advancing animal welfare is based on the belief that innovation should be constant. Moving forward with thought-leading programs that enrich, fulfill and, yes, save lives is more than a goal. It’s a given.
What You'll Be Doing
1. Monitors and reports changes or concerns in animal health or behavior to shelter management and Staff Veterinarians as necessary.
2. Clean, sanitize, and disinfect animal living environments to ensure overall animal health and comfort.
3. Administers vaccinations and treatments for healthy, sick, and injured animals as necessary.
4. Follows proper safety protocols for people and animals and sets a high standard for quality animal handling.
5. Assists the Operations Manager, Animal Care & Behavior, and Veterinary Office Manager in supervising volunteers in order to maintain a clean, safe work environment and the humane treatment of animals.
6. Assists with veterinary procedures , including euthanasia, in a secondary capacity as necessary.
7. Pet Point Software data entry
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Veterinary Office Manger & Veterinarian (grooming/bathing, walking patients, returning voice mails, stocking supplies, etc.)
9. Actively supports staff and volunteers and promotes the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission. Represents Columbus Humane in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Provides quality service to customers, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contribution to the success of our organization.
A Few Reasons Why You Will Like Working Here:
We embrace diverse perspectives and promote inclusivity.
We care about our staff, self-care is very important to us.
We offer a great benefits package (health, dental, vision, IRA, FSA and more!)
We hustle. We move like lives are depending on it because they are.
We bring our A game - every day, for each animal and every person.
1-2 years experience in a veterinary medicine setting preferred. Basic animal care handling skills/animal restraint techniques. No allergies to animals.
Must be committed to maintaining a high standard of care for animals and supporting the mission of Columbus Humane.
Current students working towards an RVT certification are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: 6147777387216
About Columbus Humane
Our mission is to fight animal cruelty, help animals in need and advocate for their well-being. And we have been doing it since 1883. Today, we are a team of experts — skilled, caring and innovative people dedicated to our mission. But we can’t do it alone. Columbus Humane is not a government agency, and we do not receive general operating support from national organizations. Rather, we rely on the support of private donors for more than 92% of our funding and remarkable volunteers to make our work possible. Join us. And together, we’ll continue making history.