Have your student loans forgiven and serve the community! Charleston Regional Spay Neuter Center, DBA The Fix ‘Em Clinic is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization affiliated and mentored by the ASPCA. We are a high- quality, high-volume, low-cost spay neuter and wellness clinic in the capitol city of Charleston, West Virginia. We are seeking to add a full-time or part-time veterinarian to our practice!
Our mission is preventing the unnecessary suffering and euthanasia of cats and dogs in shelters due to overpopulation by means of affordable spay and neuter.
Our schedule allows for rest and family life balance. The schedule is four 10-hour shifts. The first week of the month is Wednesday-Saturday, creating a 5-day break at the end of each month and three-day weekends. The third Saturday of each month is also a working day and additional hourly compensation is applied.
- Pre-surgical physical examinations and administering pre-surgical drugs
- High-quality, high-volume spay/neuter surgery of dogs and cats
- Monitoring surgical patients post-operative
- Out-patient services such as sick visits and prevention
(no dental, x-rays, orthopedics, or surgery besides spay/neuter)
- Accurate and continuous medical record keeping
- Clear and concise communications with clients (surgical and wellness patients)
- Provide clear and open communication with veterinary and front-of-house staff
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Paid CE up to $1,500
- Paid WV licensing
- Student loan forgiveness after 10 years of service
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Longevity bonus
- No emergency or on-call
- Predictable schedule
- Work/life balance with long weekends and monthly 5-day break
- Positive and encouraging work environment focused on your growth
You can directly improve the lives of those facing hardship and strengthen the bond between owners and veterinarians through compassionate medicine.
- WV Veterinary License
- 1+ years of experience in a high-volume clinic/shelter environment preferred
- Ability to spay/neuter 30+ dogs/cats on average (daily)
- Provide high-quality care in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to make a difference in the community
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Maintaining medical records
Additional Salary Information: Bonuses are available.
Internal Number: 8663493698
About The Fix 'Em Clinic
We are an ASPCA-affiliated 501(c)3 non-profit veterinary clinic. We specialize in high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter, as well as providing a wide range of affordable wellness services. Our mission and goal is to combat the overpopulation problem in our own community as well as those in the surrounding areas. We are accomplishing this at our clinic by spaying and neutering around 5,000 dogs and cats every year at a cost substantially lower than the average fee in our area.