• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
Discounted Veterinary Care
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!