Yokayo Veterinary Center located in Ukiah, CA is seeking a Small Animal General Practice Associate DVM to join our practice.
Why consider living in Ukiah? If you love California, the outdoor activities and weather but might be seeking to avoid such heavily populated cities, Ukiah is the place for you. Ukiah sits about 2.5 hours north of San Francisco. Here you’ll have the best of both worlds with the local conveniences like Costco, Walmart as well as fine restaurants, etc. and you’ll also enjoy some of the small-town charm lacking in larger cities. Enjoy exploring the Redwoods, winery tastings, farmers markets and holiday parades all while being located closely to Santa Rosa shopping (a short drive given the lack of the usual California traffic!). You’ll be just a short drive from coastal towns of Fort Bragg, Mendocino and Caspar. Topping all this off, you’ll also enjoy a more reasonable cost of living than other areas of California. Come meet with us to tour our city and facility. Take advantage of our externship opportunity. Yokayo Veterinary Center has so much to offer you:
Competitive salary with production pay, medical insurance, 401K with company match and generous CE stipend. Relocation Assistance available, and if you're looking to relocate please note that the California State Board Exam has now been eliminated!
We are also welcoming and sponsoring International candidates that are graduates of an AVMA accredited college or have completed ECFVG certification program or the PAVE certification program.
Welcoming New Grad doctors seeking exceptional and dedicated mentorship.
About our Hospital:
For many years now, Yokayo Veterinary Center has provided everything pet related to the Ukiah, CA area. Our clinic is primarily small animal with one of our doctors offering some experience and mentorship with pocket pets. All of our patients are treated with compassionate and quality care.
At Yokayo Veterinary Center, our goal is to provide the highest quality and most compassionate medical care with fair pricing. We will always strive to maintain a well trained and empathetic hospital staff as we understand the strength of the human-animal bond.
• Currently a 3 Doctor practice, but could absorb 2 more due to high volume.
• Usually 2-3 Doctors working at a time.
• AAHA accreditation in process for 2023.
• Dogs and Cats primarily. Open to pocket pets and more to any doctor interested!
o Our MDVM has experience with pocket pets and a passion for mentorship and knowledge sharing. New Grads welcome!
• Incorporating therapeutic medicinal approaches with acupuncture and laser therapy. Our Schedule:
• Work-life balance is a must- NO after hour calls.
• 4 days/week, 10-hour work day schedule with a 2 hour lunch for occasional drop-in/catch up flexibility. Saturdays are rotated and limited to 8 hour days.
• Each doctor allotted 1 surgery day.
• We allow 2 open appointments each day for same day needs that may arise ( scheduled right before & right after lunch)
o Discretion reserved for individual doctors for potentially taking urgent care needs that may present.
• 15 or 30 minute appointment times – your choice.
• Day to day pace is generally fast but flexible to your preferences.
Equipment and procedures include:
• Incorporating therapeutic medicinal approaches with acupuncture and laser therapy.
• Digital general x-ray with Telemed consultations
• Digital dental x-ray (newly purchased Logiq S7)
• K-Laser therapy
• Basic and specialized dental instrumentation and supplies with a strong interest in routine dentistry, bonding, endodontics (root canals), guided tissue regeneration, and composite restorations
• Electronic records (Avimark), and you have remote access if you want to finish records at home.
Our Team and Guiding Practices:
• 2 RVT currently, but 5 of our Certified Veterinary Assistants are going to school for RVT right now.
o Most of the Techs do dentals.
o The Techs & CSRs do most all cost estimates – Doctors would rarely need to talk money.
• Altruistic – we do spays/neuters for a local cat rescue, and we donate to the local Humane Society chapter.
What we can offer:
• Competitive compensation with paid production, 100% covered medical insurance, 401k with a company match.
• A sign-on or relocation bonus of up to $10k.
• Extremely loyal clientele – lots of generational clients.
• Continued learning and growth with solid mentorship.
What we’re looking for:
• Candidate must be a graduate from an AVMA accredited college or have successfully passed the ECFVG certification program or the PAVE certification program.
• New graduates welcome- our team has a passion for mentorship opportunities.